Please review the following information and gather the required documentation and materials.
Completed applications are due by Thursday, December 1, 2022 at 12 p.m. EST. Application packets received after this deadline will not be considered. Proposals must be submitted through the UWCF Online Submission System. No faxed, emailed, or mailed proposals will be accepted. Allow ample time for uploading and confirmation receipt. If for any reason a proposal is submitted twice, the last submission received will be the one accepted for review.
UWCF advises uploading proposal documents several hours prior to the deadline in case you encounter an issue with your internet connectivity. UWCF is not responsible for ensuring that applications are received by the deadline. If you encounter issues with the online submission system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed Application Requirements
Throughout the application process you’ll be required to provide the following:
501(c)(3) Determination Letter
Attach proof of your organization’s 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt status.
If you are proposing:
- A new service(s): Attach a start-up timeline for each service
- An expansion of services: Provide successful data of current program to expand
- Continuation of a program that will end due to complete loss of funding: Provide the success of program must be empirically demonstrated
- A significant partnership/subcontracting with another agency: Attach a signed letter of commitment from that agency’s Director or other authorized representative
After Application Approval
If funding is awarded, UWCF will request copies of the following documents if they are not already on file. Agencies will have four (4) business days from the date of written request to provide the requested documents via the UWCF Online Submission System (LINK COMING SOON):
- Current fiscal year’s financial statements, consisting of the following documentation, certified by the agency’s CFO, Finance Officer, or Board Treasurer:
- Balance Sheet
- Income Statement
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Most recent audit reports.
- Most recent fiscal year-ending Form 990 report.
- Current certificate of commercial liability insurance.
- Current verification of nonprofit status. Your agency must have a federal tax identification number/employer identification number.
- Proof of federally approved indirect rate, if applicable.
- Provide completed Form W-9
- Provide completed Authorization for Automatic Deposits